Venison is an excellent lean meat.
half venison roast
2 carrots chopped
1 cup mushrooms
half medium sized onion chopped
½ cup chicken broth
¼ cup red wine
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tbsp garlic powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
1) Chop up carrots, mushrooms, and onion. Place venison roast and vegetables in crock pot.
2) Pour in chicken broth, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce.
3) Season with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, chili powder, and minced garlic.
4) Cook on high for about 6 hours. If possible pull apart venison an hour or so before serving.
5) Pull apart roast, season as necessary for added flavor, and enjoy!
Note: If there is too much liquid in the crock pot close to serving time, whisk in a little flour to thicken it up. I continuously added in some extra pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder as it cooked for some extra flavor, so experiment as you go along. Don’t take my measurements of seasonings too seriously—just taste test and make it to your liking. That’s the fun in cooking, right? For health purposes try to lay of the salt a little. Your heart will thank you later.