1. Remove a few of the outer husks that might be dirty.
2. Cut the bottoms off of the corn. Be sure to cut above the part of the cob where the husk is attached. It would be above the part of the cob where it starts to round down.
3. Place a moist paper towel on the bottom of the microwave or on top of the carousel and place the corn on the paper towel.
4. Use this guide for your cook time. Remember the cooking time can vary for each microwave.
1 ear - 2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes
5. After cooking, let the corn sit about 3 minutes. It will continue to cook and will be cooler and easier to handle.
6. Pick the cooked corn up by the top (you might want to use an oven mitt if it is too hot to handle) and squeeze and lightly shake out the ear of corn. It should just slide out leaving the silk and all of the husks intact.