Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DIY - SUGAR HAND SCRUB - Mother's Day Gift Idea


 SUGAR HAND SCRUB 



 GREAT GIFT IDEA! - Make, Put in mason jar, Tie with bow, Add a tag!

1. Fill mason jar 3/4 of the way full with sugar.

2. Add dawn dish soap until it reaches just below the mouth of the jar.~ The pink one that has the Olay in it is the best! It smells good and moisturizes!

3. Stir the sugar and soap together until it is paste like. If it seems to be too runny, add a little sugar at a time until it is the desired consistency.

4.You can tie with a jute twine or ribbon and give as a gift, or do like me and hog it all for yourself!! So cheap and easy!!

8 comments:

  1. How far in advance can I make these for a baby shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for my ignorance, but is this something you wash your hands with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, or use to scrub skin in shower, takes off rough dead skin.

      Delete
  3. its like a body scrub, you rub it in wherever and then rinse it off

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long will this keep in an unopened jar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I make this in bulk and then put it in the jars? I was thinking 3 parts sugar, 1 part soap and mixing it in my bosch mixer. What do you think? I was also going to add peppermint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made some of these for a baby shower. Be sure you don't get it too thin.. You may think it's thick enough, but in a couple of days it will begin to separate. If that happens, Add more sugar. I had to do this 3 times with a few of mine. I would think I had it thick enough only to find out I didn't. LOL..I think I finally got it thick enough not to separate. It's been a couple of days and I've not noticed any as of yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this! I was wondering the same thing because I have a shower coming up and decided to do these for the favors!

      Delete