Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's for Dinner - Armadillo Eggs


Armadillo Eggs

A favorite at my house...


Ingredients:


2 lbs chicken breasts
2 lbs bacon
1 lb fresh jalapeno


Directions:

1 You will need toothpicks for this. I buy the strong kind so that they don't break easy. Soak toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes.
First you will need to cut jalapenos lengthwise in half and remove seeds. You can use canned jalapenos; I just prefer fresh.
Flatten chicken to about 1" and cut into 4-6 pieces (enough to roll over a jalapeno half). Season with whatever seasonings you prefer. I use my Dad's homemade seasonings.
Take a chicken piece, roll it around a jalapeno half, then roll 1 slice of bacon over top and secure with a toothpick. This may take a while; I usually do this the night before I grill or bake them.
Cook on grill until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
You can bake these in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes; I just like them grilled.
You can steal some off the grill as you are cooking them! YUM!
If you have extra jalapenos left over, grill 'em if you can take the heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment